Night Six - Mirror, Mirror...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Night Six - Mirror, Mirror...

Post by [M] Johnson's Secretary on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:33 am

Good job guys! You've made it to Night Six. This slightly annoying secretary believes in you!

In case your wondering about the riddle, Daniel's death explains it.

"A mirror, if unpolished, does not reflect your visage very well. The majority of mirrors are like this. These dulled mirrors fear the night.

A mirror, however, shining true and brilliant, reflects all. Not many mirrors achieve this level of veneer. During the night, these mirrors manage to stay right and true in the face of visitation from the moon's light. Those who gaze upon these mirrors do so at their own peril."

Daniel was a Nexus, therefore you gaze upon him at your own peril at nighttime. I don't know if you ignored the riddle, but now that Daniel's dead, I might as well explain what it was all about. That chinese restaurant does give the strangest fortune cookies.

Anyway, obligatory table! Good luck guys!

[M] Liam Neeson - Bulletproof Townie
[M] Dwayne Johnson - Mafia Prostitute
[M] Sigourney Weaver - Sane Cop
[M] Arnold Schwarzenegger - Mafia Godfather
[M] Daniel Craig - Nexus
[M] Samuel L Jackson - Doctor, formerly Psychiatrist
[M] Bruce Willis - Game Show Host
[M] Jason Statham - Mafia Framer
[M] Will Smith -Vanilla Townie
[M] Clint Eastwood - Naive Doctor
[M] Uma Thurman - Day Vigilante
[M] Nicolas Cage - Mafia Goon
[M] Steven Seagal - Psychopath
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[M] Vin Diesel
[M] Sylvester Stallone - Mafia Goon
[M] Jet Li - Vanilla Townie
[M] Harrison Ford

Last edited by [M] Johnson's Secretary on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
[M] Johnson's Secretary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Night Six - Mirror, Mirror...

Post by Sylvester Stallone on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:02 pm

You know, it's hard to determind who's still alive from your list, Could you perhaps edit it to help with that?

Anyway, I think we should kill Uma or one of the two remaining unknowns. I think Vin or Harrison might have some kind of role that might be responsible for any of the mafia night kills (i.e. bus driver), but who knows? I still think Uma might be the best option for nightkill tonight.

Sylvester Stallone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [M] Johnson's Secretary on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:09 pm

The list has been edited to account for unfortunate deaths.

Seriously, you would think the FBI would be here by now sorting this mess out. It's amazing, there's been tons of deaths around. How shameful that the authorities have been useless. I'm writing a complaint to the mayor about this.
[M] Johnson's Secretary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvester Stallone on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:37 pm

With Uma out of the way, I figure Vin, Harrison, and probably myself, will get grilled tomorrow be Sam and/or Bruce

Sylvester Stallone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:52 pm

Formy....stop talking in the discussion thread, or think real hard about what you're saying or something. You gave the town information that entirely ruined my big push on Willis. Just because Craig's a Nexus doesn't mean that's what got you killed, sheesh. Now the town knows that Craig was targeted as a nightkill. Seriously dude, if you can't keep from giving shit away, don't talk in there. I WAS going to target Willis as BS, through a complicated theory that involved Johnson being a death miller, but that's shot all to shit.

So anyway. I'd rather hit Bruce or Sam, Stallone, but yeah, Uma's probably the better target. I just hope that they don't use this same reasoning. Lemme try to think about it for a bit before we confirm for Laddy, though. I think only one or the other of Willis&Sam is protected. If we can reason out which is the most likely to be protected, we can get one of 'em.

[M] Arnold Schwarzenegger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [M] Johnson's Secretary on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:02 pm

Sorry.
[M] Johnson's Secretary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Not mad at ya Forms, just had a super awesome gambit that would have won us the game. But not mad at ya. =P

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:16 pm

I have to change a few things, but I think I can still pull it off, anyway.

Stallone I think maybe we target Sam. If Bruce suspects that he has powers he wouldn't use his ability on him because of the drawback of also role-blocking his target. It's a big risk, but it might be worth it at this point. I can think of several ways they could go about getting to us that we'd have no way to defend against. Bruce and Sam can't make it to the end or they'll get us with their combination of powers.

What do you think?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [M] Johnson's Secretary on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Sad

Still incredibly sorry. I just wanted to cheer up TrollHunter because he seemed down in the game thread so I thought by telling him that he was in fact useful in the game (killing Dwayne). That, and in my mind, Dwayne being killed by the now confirmed Nexus sort of made sense. I kind of thought that people sort of connected the dots with Dwayne and the Nexus. Sorry.

Before I go on my lunch break (having now filed my "random performance review" on both this forum and my office) let me just remind you that to the others, the Mafia are severely weakened and have perhaps only one member left (seeing how Cage flipped Scum). Therefore, they must be pretty confident. They probably imagine a lonely mafia on the forums toiling away.

They have a point, statistically, they still have the numbers. I asked my boss for advice, but he just nodded towards the resignation papers, so I just got his coffee like he asked. What I will say though is that they have very powerful roles compared to you guys, so box clever. Pure might won't save you.

[M] Johnson's Secretary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvester Stallone on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:40 pm

The thing is, I think Sam might be protecting Bruce or himself, and if we target either one, chances are 50/50 that we might not get that kill. I just think Uma is a safer bet for an immediate kill.

Well, maybe we should try a risky kill? Go for Sam then. He's the most active and biggest threat to us if he's still alive by endgame. If we can get rid of him, then it's possible we have this game on our hands!

Sylvester Stallone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Statham on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Since everyone in the game and discussion thread is meta-gaming the hell out of this one (including you Formy, you blabber mouth) I'm going to cheat as well and come back from the dead to give you all the help I can.

Long post incoming.

Jason Statham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Statham on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:32 pm

First of all, Cage was a Death Miller. You guys have figured it out but I just wanted to cement that. You have used that to your advantage which is great. However, don't put it past someone clever like Vin to figure out that if the mafia targeted Craig once and got themselves killed, why would they do it again? Death Miller is a total mindsmurf role so I think them figuring it out is unlikely, but be prepared for that to come up.

Here's the accounts left in play and their roles:

Arnold Schwarzenegger - Mafia Godfather
Sylvester Stallone - Mafia Goon

Uma Thurman - Day Vigilante
Samuel L. Jackson - Doctor
Bruce Willis - Game Show Host
Harrison Ford - ??? (probably Vanilla)
Vin Diesel - Vanilla Town

There are 7 accounts in play. You need to get down to 4 for the two of you to win. That means a lynch, a kill and another lynch. Note that the kill can come either tonight or tomorrow night. So, not making a kill is an option. Having all the accounts in play has the advantage of having more targets to lynch and more people for them to mistrust.

Jackson and Willis are the two most dangerous players since they have protective abilities and are the most confirmed town players. The other players likely don't have any dangerous abilities. But note that, due to Bruce Willis's role, if Jackson is protected it also means he's roleblocked. Therefore it is impossible for both Jackson and Willis to be protected in the same night. Also note that Willis said that he must state who he is protecting in the game thread through his "Brucey Bonus". If he hasn't stated that today it means he likely hasn't used his ability. You should check the thread.

Uma has been playing a decent game and is aligned with Jackson and Willis to the point that it would be an uphill battle to get her lynched. Diesel much less so, but he is super clever and can easily talk himself out of a lynch if you don't approach it the right way (I don't know how to approach it, I've never gotten him lynched when he was town). That leaves Ford as the viable lynch target. Due to the metagaming of Diesel and the rest, I fully expect the lynch to come down to Stallone or Ford tomorrow.

If Ford is lynched, expect the group to come hard at Stallone the next day. Bear in mind that I think it will be virtually impossible for you guys to win if Stallone is lynched, unless Arnold 100% commits to some kind of sacrifice to cement himself as town. Otherwise there's no scenario of 3 players that I can see not lynching Arnold, unless possibly Uma, Vin, and Arnold. But I can't see the three of them all lasting until the end.

Here's your options as I see it:

Option 1 - Kill Willis or Jackson. One of them is likely protected so it's a risk. However, once you get to endgame it will be very hard to get either of them lynched. Also, since you have a free night due to the numbers, missing a kill tonight doesn't hurt you too badly. Keep in mind that killing Willis and revealing his role will likely prove Jackson and Uma were telling the truth, clearing each of them. Jackson is probably the better play.

Option 2 - Kill nobody. This has the advantage of keeping multiple lynch targets in play and everyone guessing. It has the disadvantage of having too many townies left and therefore less people need to gang up on you guys to lynch one. It's usually not a good idea to skip a kill so I don't know if I'd do it on purpose.

Option 3 - Kill Diesel or Uma. They are pretty safe targets as I doubt either has protection. Diesel is a more likely lynch target so I would go with Uma even if Diesel is the more clever of the two. It's the advantage of a more guaranteed kill but it also leaves less options for lynching which means you two will be under more fire.

There you have it. If it were me, I'd probably risk the kill on Jackson. If you miss you always have tomorrow night. No matter what you will have to go through two more day phases to win. As for how you are playing, I won't give you any advice there because you are both doing brilliantly and should just continue what you've been doing. Consistency is key to this game. My consistent assertion of my ludicrous role allowed me to stay alive for two more days.

Jason Statham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [M] Johnson's Secretary on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Laddy is going to have a heart attack when he looks back at the Mafia forum. While I'm still active on the forums despite my death, I've not really helped the mafia, unless you count housekeeping and creating pretty summary tables as 'helping'. This is probably why Laddy hasn't told me off for still being on here, because I've not helped at all.

My my Statham Razz What will Laddy make of that post!
[M] Johnson's Secretary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvester Stallone on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:12 pm

I haven't really seen Brucey post much during the day, so Samuel should be clear for the kill, unless he's protecting himself. We'll need to take that risk if we're to win this.

Sylvester Stallone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Statham on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:14 pm

I completely agree.

Laddy put a Nexus in this game. The most mindsmurf role of all (well maybe equal with Janitor). All bets are off!

Jason Statham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Jackson it is. That was along the lines of what I was thinking too. Basically either Diesel/Ford/Uma have to go down without us losing anyone, or Willis or Sam need to drop, which opens up possibilities.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:52 pm

All right, day started.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://muhuhahahahahahahaha.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Ugh, that sounds bad.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvester Stallone on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:56 pm

I knew he was likely going to protect himself!

Sylvester Stallone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Yep no kill. I'm not giving up...but I don't see many scenarios that end in a win at this point. Here we go.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:05 pm

This Jackson/Willis combo is really really rough. Not just the combination of their powers, but with them talking across the table, I just don't know how to crack their shell. It means, and it's been obvious for a while, that if we ever fall to 1 mafia we lose. Which kind of sucks, but oh well.

I'm not sure what to do in-thread at this point. I'd worked for two days on building a gambit on Willis but I can't do it now. (Thanks Formy lol) Almost HAVE to go after Uma today, but man, I just don't know...Del doesn't think we can handle getting rid of Diesel, and if he says we can't, he's probably right. I'd really like to save the Ford vs Stallone thing for tomorrow if at all possible. So Diesel or Uma lynched today, the other killed tonight, then we just have to do a good job on Ford vs. Stallone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Ugh, crap, just realized I won't be home most of tomorrow and not at all tomorrow night, so I may not have much say in today's lynch. May end up being all in Stallone's hands.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvester Stallone on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:39 pm

I'll do what I can to save ourselves from the lynch, but it will be tough.

Sylvester Stallone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [M] Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:43 pm

Well it actually looks like I'm in more danger than you, Jackson's basically not concerned about you and Ford.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvester Stallone on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Uma wants to target Ford, and Sam wants to target Uma. Either way is good for us, though I'm not sure who to follow myself.

Sylvester Stallone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next